Saturday, December 5, 2009

French children's shows?

I want to get a lot of preschool children's television shows\movies for my daughter; possibly replace her English video collection entirely. She learned to speak English by watching the telly (Dora mostly, Blues Clues, etc) and I wanna see if it will work for a second language. I have the Muzzy, but it only goes so far. Plus, I have them on tapes %26amp; I don't have a tape player.



What are some French shows for like 2 to 6 year olds? I was thinking maybe I could look on Ebay.



And please no grief about relying on the telly to teach her. I've studied French for six years %26amp; I still suck at it. This is the only chance my daughter may have to learn this language.



French children's shows?opera ticket



Going off the previous answer, Les Schtroumpfs is The Smurfs in French. I love their CDs-they take popular songs and rewrite them with Schtroumpf-y lyrics. You can buy popular movies, like Disney and other animated movies in French, or see if DVDs you already have have a French language option. I like to listen to the Disney soundtracks in French, and you can purchase those online, though it sometimes take a search. The UK and French Amazons and Ebays are good places to look. iTunes has free french language podcasts, but I don't know how many are suitable for kids. You don't need an iPod to listen/watch them, you just need to download iTunes. You might also consider buying holiday songs in French, as your child probably already knows the tunes.



French children's shows?pacific theater opera theater



Actually I highly encourage that you teach your daughter French at a young age. After puberty it is very tough for a person to learn a language. The only show that I know of that is in French is The Smurfs and there was another one about a purple bear or something I'll get back to you on that
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd