Thursday, December 10, 2009

My yahoo inbox shows 5 messages but when i open my mailbox no messages show how do i delete the 5 in

The inbox shows 5 messages but when I look in the inbox there are no messages there. How do I get rid of the (5) in the inbox



My yahoo inbox shows 5 messages but when i open my mailbox no messages show how do i delete the 5 in there?theater



Yahoo has been having major server issues since at LEAST Jan. 10, seemingly just with particular servers. And the "phantom" e-mails is unfortunately one of the many problems that people are having because of them, and Yahoo doesn't seem to be in any particular hurry to solve them. Their "tech support" is nothing but a joke right now. And the problems are not just w/Yahoo Beta or IE7; I and others not using either are having similar problems. But both do have more problems; if you're using Beta, it's still in the testing stage and has a lot of problems, so go back to original Yahoo mail, and the same w/IE7, go back to IE6 until MS irons out all the problems.



I've had to use another acct.provided free by my ISP to send/rcv important e-mails since Jan. 10, and it's been working just fine the whole time. If you don't have another acct.w/another provider besides Yahoo, I'd strongly advise to get one; it makes a good backup in case of problems like this.



Please see my posting from Fri. Jan. 12 under the heading "Anyone having problems of any kind w/Yahoo Mail, PLEASE READ THIS" for more info and on reporting problems to Yahoo.



And since that original posting, they've also sent another e-mail that they've escalated the problem (or should I say problems!) to their engineering department, which is an indication of major problems, and not just a minor S/W "glitch."



My yahoo inbox shows 5 messages but when i open my mailbox no messages show how do i delete the 5 in there?london theatre opera theaterMy pleasure; just wish I could fix the problem(s), or that Yahoo finally would! And thanx, my friend, for the vote and rating, and keep voting! Alex Report It


I usually get this same problem, it's usually some spam. When you are at your Inbox, it should say: VIEW. Click that and goto "Unread Messages", that should pull up everything you need.
Sometimes if you have unread messages then it says you have messages because you hevnt read all of them. Read all of them or delete your imbox maybe that will help.
so..there are no messages AT ALL in your inbox? If that's the case...I have no idea.



But if do you have some old messages just sitting there still, look back to your oldest messages and you might find those 5 unread ones lurking there with some really wierd dates on them. I get junk mail sometimes and it goes to my inbox - not sure why - and sometimes they are dated for 2001!! wierd!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd