Thursday, December 10, 2009

Where can I watch TV shows in Spanish (with caption)? What are best ways to learn spanish?

Hi,



I'm a college student who wants to learn more Spanish, but I do not know how to find a lot of the resources.



Is there anyway I can watch shows via streaming video in Spanish? Is there anyway I can watch these shows with caption at the bottom of the screen?



I really need the caption because I realized I don't understand what they are saying since they talk so fast. I'm looking for popular main stream shows such as Desperate Housewives, Heroes, Scrubs, House, etc. etc.



Do you guys have advice on how I can improve my Spanish listening skills? I don't know what's really good in terms of Spanish pop music, so if you have recommendations that would be great.



Thank you so much!



Where can I watch TV shows in Spanish (with caption)? What are best ways to learn spanish?globe theater



Ugghh... I've tried looking for you and didn't get much:



http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13482802/



and the article is from 2006!!!



http://www.dovetail.tv/dovetail-news/Thi...



http://www.transitionsabroad.com/publica...



?Buena suerte!



Where can I watch TV shows in Spanish (with caption)? What are best ways to learn spanish?oper opera theater



an easy way would be to get an engilsh translator into SPanish so that way you could learn what it means, and still know what that world actually is. Also, you can take an extra class if you still need extra help.
I dont know of any show that are closed caption but what you can try to find out if that show has it just leave the closed captioned on and see if it appears [its either CC1 or CC2]



(like in english stations you will know because it has that closed captioned symbol [ ] (the box thing))
Hola. C贸mo est谩s? When I was learning French, dictionaries and "subtitles" were definitely out-of-the-question. According to my French professor, they tend to confuse a bit. The best TV networks with all Spanish-speaking programs are: Univision and Telemundo. I'm not quite sure but I think they do have subtitled programs. If they don't, better yet, Just watch and listen carefully and frequently. This will force train your ear (and your mind) to listen in Spanish. The best aid is to mingle with Spanish speaking people. There, you can ask them (in Spanish) to slow down a bit., "Hable un poco m谩s despacio, por favor" or "no hable tan rapido, por favor".



Try reading Spanish books, newpapers and magazines (People, en espa?ol, is a good one). Books, I'm sure your professor has assigned some novels, like "El hombre de la mancha" by Miguel de Cervantes. You can also try reading some translated Fairy Tales (Hans Christian Anderson's are my favorites). That way, you already have an idea as to what you are reading!!!



Music, the greatest! There are many, many good Spanish-speaking singer out there. One of my favorites is Olga Ta?on. Then there are Ricky Martin and Chayanne, of course! And don't forget Enrique Iglesias, among others, like Gloria Trevi and RBD (Rebelde). Again just listen carefully and repeat the songs as often as you like. I have nephews that speak English very well, without ever leaving the island (Puerto Rico). I am in the process of learning Italian, using the same procedures. Just be patient and try using whatever you already know. Eventually you will get the hang of it, but you must not be afraid of speaking it.!!
Try this website:



http://www.mansionspanish.com



.
If your looking for streaming American shows in Spanish than Show Links.tv is your best shot. They have links to shows in Spanish and other languages. I think your gonna have a hard time finding American TV shows dubbed in Spanish and subbed in English. But good luck!



The following link points to spanish language TV shows:



http://show-links.tv/tv_shows/all/?ord=0...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd