Saturday, December 5, 2009

My computer properties shows wrong processor information?

When my computer starts, it shows PIII 1.3 Ghz but when I right click on My computer and properties it shows Celeron 433 Hz, I checked with my vendor but he is also confused. He removed the chip and it was PIII. My OS is Windows XP, please let me know the reason and solution for the same.



My computer properties shows wrong processor information?concert tickets



What kind of computer is it, brand and model, there may be an update available on the manufactures web site to correct that issue. Otherwise go here for help



http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/



My computer properties shows wrong processor information?theater seating opera theater



The copy of XP you have probably doesn't have your specific processor in its list, so it defaults to the celeron 433.



As long as the machine works correctly, then I wouldn't worry about it.



Though I wouldn't have XP loaded on a PIII to begin with - not even one that is as fast as yours. It is a system hog - try to find a copy of Windows 2K pro.
Sometimes this happens due to the fact that there is a conflict as to how the BIOS of the computer and the version of Windows installed on it, reads the information about various Hardware within the computer. Couple of steps to resolve this issue would be:



a) Update the BIOS.



b) Within the BIOS Settings , check and see if the right kind of Processor is selected.



c) See if the jumper setting on the motherboard echoes the right kind of processor installed.



d) Update your Windows.
This happened to a computer I built a bit ago. It was a jumper set wrong. I would check every main boardjumper that has to do with the chip. If it's telling you it's a 433, it's not using the potential of the chip.
This INTEL link is a program from INTEL that will identify which CPU is in your computer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd